Thursday, April 19, 2007

Daily Practices

I have a whole really long list of things I need to work; I guess I need to start with what is most needed right now. My daily practices.

First, I need to clear off my shrine of all the extra random stuff that has made its way up there. I want it much simpler. Of course, I'm planning individual shrines for each of my "patron" deities, but it'll be a bit before those are made and ready. I need to make a closing shrine/box/thingy for Buddha, as well, because he glows and I hate putting a piece of laundry over him.

I'd like to eventually incorporate some sort of little fountain into my shrine- actually, I still have that little one that Laurie and Beki bought me for Christmas, so I can fix it and put it up there. I need to buy candles, too.

Back to daily practices- really, all I want to do is write some prayers to say when I put on and take off my dedicated jewelry, and something to say when I rise and when I sleep. Well, I sort of have a prayer for when I rise, but I don't like it much. Another thing is that eventually I'd like all prayers and ritual work in Irish Gaelic. As I am way way far from fluent, that'll be a ways down the road (unless I hire someone to translate, or post sporadically on the various translation forums/groups that I know of). I think the hardest part is coming up with something simple but meaningful; gods know I won't do something too complicated. (There's a reason I'm folky and not ceremonial.)

I think once I've figured out a solid, workable daily practice I can start writing the AltĂș. But first: onwards to the prayers.

No comments: